Thursday, November 3, 2011

Updates for begining of November

Just a few updates to start off the month.
Currently I am in the middle of labeling all of the artifacts. It is a very long and tedious process that is taking a good chunk of my time. I am struggling with the labeling supplies that I have to use currently and battling with Paraloid B-72. This is the base coat for all of my labels and then the writing itself is done with India ink and a fountain pen...torture really. Labeling artifacts must be a level of hell Dante forgot to put in.
Any way, I am on artifact 460 and have a few hundred left to go. Mother was ever so wonderful and helpful by coming in last weekend to help me label a couple hundred artifacts! Where would I be without her?
Here are some other updates that are important but that I don't really want to go into very much:
  • I wrote and submitted Chapter 1 of thesis
  • I was denied Copeland Funding which translates into not having the funds to do more carbon testing
  • I am working on my Theory chapter, specifically looking at mounds and earthworks
  • I am in the process of organizing my other chapters and research plans for the chert which I will probably do some statistical analysis on as well
Stay tuned for more updates!!

1 comment: